VAC unit?

Thanks in advance
--
Faustino Dina
--------------------------------------------------------
If my email address starts with two 'f'
drop the first 'f' when mailing me.

This is Turtle.

You can buy a 12K BTU Whirlpool Window unit with 220 volt or 120 volt service and you will see the EER is exactly the same on both.
If there is any savings it will be in the manufactor who makes it and there will be no difference if it was 220 volt or 120 volt.

Another example here. We have some blower motor that can be run on 120 volt or 220 volt service. The amp rating if run on 220 volt
service will be 4.5 amps. If you took this same motor and wire it up to run on 120 volt service. It will have a amp rating of 9
amps. This sounds like a savings here by the 220 volt service only pulling 4.5 amps but you are paying for two 120 volt power wires
which is being pulled trough your electric meter and paying for double on two 120 volt wires which the 120 volt would pull on one
wire from the meter service. So.

220 volt service you will pay for wire one 4.5 amps + wire two 4.5 amps = 9 amps total of two wires.
120 volt service you will pay for 9 amps = 9 amps total of the one wire.

Now to say as to it is cheaper to run on 220 volt service is only left up to the manufactor and the EER rating being the same or you
have poor electric service like in too small of wire. The 220 volt service could help out in a low voltage problem or poor electric
service.

Yes Electric company want to talk in KWH and not in amps. You can covert amp to KWH if you like for they are directly convertiable.

So I see no difference in the cost being lower for 220 volt service verses 120 volt service.

TURTLE

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.708 / Virus Database: 464 - Release Date: 6/18/2004