Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Opening tight jar lids.

On 09/11/2020 11:00, charles wrote:
in article , fred
wrote:
On Sunday, November 8, 2020 at 3:44:19 PM UTC, alan_m wrote:
On 08/11/2020 14:42, michael adams wrote:
Maybe I got lucky and this was a one off and I've checked Google -
and nothing.

As before grip the lid with all your force, using whatever additional
help may be needed tea towel, rubber glove etc.

Then take hold of the jar in the other hand

And er, turn the jar.

You can always get a better grip on a glass jar simply with the width
of your hand, given which it seems to make more sense to turn the jar
rather than the lid. Which still needs to be gripped firmly, but not
turned at the same time.

These work extremely well on a variety of jar lids

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lever-Actio.../dp/B0001IX9RW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmPsPTE1Sss

https://youtu.be/M6wwLB6oIJ0?t=50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrbfGm7dVA4

-- mailto : news {at} admac {dot} myzen {dot} co {dot} uk

Must try one of those. One day in a fit of pique I ordered one of every
type of jar opener available with free postage from China. ( when bored I
like to surf ebay for small items from China with free postage. Items
that are so cheap postage would preclude buying them from Amazon) Anyway
they were all useless

Some year ago, I bought a 'strap wrench' for opening jars. Kitchen version
rather than a car version. Works well.

'er indoors had most varieties and still can't always manage. I
introduced her to strap wrenches. But even those (including ones
designed for kitchens) fail for her - and for me too! - on some jars
where designers have decided the sides of the lids need to slope.

--
Robin