Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Computer app for draing wiring

In article ,
Rob Graham wrote:
A friend needs some assistance on a 12v wiring task. I was going to do it for him, but have really locked myself down by suffering a slipped disc.

So I said I would draw it out or him, but cannot find a computer package that will allow me to draw coloured wires between connectors, and I don't have anything that will do brown or yellow if I was to it do it by hand.

Anyone got a suggestion ?

Any number of 2D drawing packages available for free. Well worth getting
to grips with one - as it can be used for pretty well any type of
technical drawing. You might also find one that has a library of the
commonly used symbols, although I've assembled my own for car stuff. I've
not really investigated all the 2D packages for Windows, as the one I use
is on a different platform. But can file share with Windows ones.

For complex wiring etc you're best to use a vector based prog which can be
enlarged with no loss of detail. Many use a simpler bitmap based drawing
which goes fuzzy as you enlarge it. And has a larger file size.

--
*I want it all and I want it delivered

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.