Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Opening tight jar lids.

On 08/11/2020 14:42, michael adams wrote:
Maybe I got lucky and this was a one off and I've
checked Google - and nothing.

As before grip the lid with all your force, using
whatever additional help may be needed tea towel,
rubber glove etc.

Then take hold of the jar in the other hand

And er, turn the jar.

I've done it that way for as long as I can remember. As you say, much
easier than trying to turn the lid. The same applies when opening
champagne bottles without wanting to have the cork fly off - hold the
cork firmly and slowly rotate the bottle. The gentle pop is less
dramatic, but you don't lose any of the champagne.

--
Colin Bignell