Pop Rivet

Default water softner - water in tank

"Jud McCranie" wrote in
message ...
We bought this house that has a water softener about two

years ago.
At first, you could always see some water in the tank.

About a year
ago it quit working and we had it repaired (one minor

part). After
that time, it uses a lot less salt and there is no water

visible in
the tank.

However, the recharges seem to be less effective. If I

add a couple
of gallons of water into the tank, the recharge seems a

lot more
effective.

Does this indicate a problem? Should it have water in the

tank?

Also, since the repair I've raised the hardness level a

notch about 4
times, but it still usually runs out of soft water a day

before it
recharges. I'll be taking a shower and notice how bad the

water is,
and sure enough, it will have scheduled a recharge for

that night.

---
Replace you know what by j to email

Sounds to me like the settings were botched after the
repair, or the repair wasn't complete. Yes, I'd expect to
see water at certain parts of the cycling, but not all the
time. Your descrip of the problem is typical of improper
settings, whether it's by knob or by internal parts or
settings.

Pop