Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default I thought school kids o buses were supposed to wear masks?

"Scott" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Nov 2020 17:16:50 -0000, "michael adams"
wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
michael adams wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 07/11/2020 12:29, Scott wrote:

It is not as clear cut as you make out. There is an exemption for
medical reasons. GPs are not issuing exemption certificates, so
the process is one of self-certification. I believe psychological
reasons count also. Nicola (*) has reminded people of the need to
be aware that some people cannot wear face coverings.

If the policy was no mask - no service these self diagnosed
hypochondriacs and nutters would soon learn how to wear a mask!

Out of interest, what condition would make it impossible to wear a
mask - yet be able to use buses and go shopping?

Some people with breathing difficulties such as asthma, claim to
experience difficulties when wearing face masks. But fortunately there
are plenty of experts around to reassure them that this can't possibly
be the case and to pull themselves together.

If they have asthma etc making it impossible to wear a mask, is it also
impossible for them to be carriers of Covid? Since the idea of a mask is
to help prevent infecting others?

No. But its hardly their fault that the Govt slogan is the wrong
way round, is it ? Instead of Hands, Face, Space it should be Space,
Face, Hands. If you're already six feet away then the mask is of
lesser importance. But of course that doesn't rhyme, so its no good !

The first priority in all pandemics and similar emergencies according
to Boris and his "advisers" apparently, is to have slogans that rhyme.
Everything else takes second place

Whereas if they maintain a distance of 6 ft from others, as they should
be doing in the first place, then there should be no problem.

As an aside, my neighbour was just under 3 when the pandemic started.
His mother told him to keep 2 metres away because of the pandemic.
'That's 6 feet' he replied.

Aaahhh. He probably saw that on the TV. "For our older viewers that would
be six feet".

It's a shame so very few of the joggers running past people out for a
quiet walk in the park, have ever heard of six feet, 2 metres, or even
three feet, for that matter. Endorphin-addicted self-righteous
shorts-wearing aerosol-spewing scumbags, the lot of them.
But apart from that...

michael adams