Posted to uk.d-i-y
Suzanne Bell Suzanne Bell is offline

Default Help, washing machine hot water valve faulty

On Saturday, 7 November 2020 at 13:00:49 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
suzibewrote:

turned water off in flat at stopcock, should be ok right, wrong hot
water comes via combi boiler that doesnt seem to be supplied from
stopcock, at a loss nearly flooded myself.

If it *is* combi boiler then hot water should be supplied from cold
stopcock, presumably you have no hot water tank?

If you turn on a different hot tap what do you get from there?

No hot water tank all goes through combi boiler, it seems as if hot water to machine comes straight from there. Looks like I will need to stop water in the whole block, unless I can isolate the water going to machine, when I isolate the water in the flat via stopcock in cupboard I dont get any water from hot or cold tap but water is still gushing out of pipe at washing machine if I try to disconnect - sorry new home and new to this
Thanks