Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which diamond tipped tile cutter?

On 07/11/2020 12:21, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 7 Nov 2020 12:10:54 +0000, ss wrote:

Make sure the bed is big enough for your tiles. Some of the smaller ones
would be a PITA with 600mm tiles. The reason I bought a bigger one. It's
not a vast amount bigger, but it makes all the difference.

Yes, I have a smaller one and made a wooden platform that sits along
side it for larger tiles.
Dont rush the cuts for a decent finish. As mentioned they are a bit messy.

+1
I've cut Dutch Light sized glass sheets (730 x 1422mm) on my little
Plasplugs saw. Just arrange a pattern of bricks on the garage floor to
support the whole area of whatever it is you're cutting, and take it
gently.

I spent an hour cutting a small bit of 1" deep sandstone paving slab,
before giving up rushing into town, hiring a diamond angle grinder, then
doing the rest of the cuts and rushing back - in less than 50 minutes
'What's wrong?' the guy asked "Nothing: Job done!".

Mark Twain