Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Plasma Cutter

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On 10/28/2020 5:35 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
My 1/2 HP air compressor couldn't keep up with a 30A plasma cutter.

Double up on the air tanks if your little compressor can't keep up.
That said, plasma cutting is pretty quick, and you may not need it
unless you're cutting 100' of 3/4 plate.

I did that to help my 1/2 HP compressor keep up when sandblasting vehicle
rust spots. I also hung up an 8" wall gauge to monitor the tank pressure
from where I was working, to show if I should wait a little before starting.

It was barely adequate for sandblasting and cost me some plasma consumables
because I couldn't as easily pause to check the gauge.