Dave Plowman

Default Long Masonry Drill Bits

In article ,
Sparks wrote:
I am after a long masonry (about 8mm) drill bit.

The longer the better!

The longest on I currently have is 400mm, and that's too short...

I don't have an SDS drill, just a "normal" hammer type

Any idea where I could get longer bits?

A decent tool shop will have 'special' bits which have a thread on them on
to which goes an extension - or as many as you want. The bit can also be
used without the extension(s). The extensions are the same size for a
number of larger bits. I think they're more like 12mm, though.

They used to be in the sheds, but haven't seen them for a while - although
I wouldn't be looking since I've gone SDS.

--
*In "Casablanca", Humphrey Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam" *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn