Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default External hard drives...

On 06/11/2020 14:29, Tim Streater wrote:
On 06 Nov 2020 at 12:22:43 GMT, "Jim GM4 DHJ ..."
wrote:

I have all my stuff on a 1tb external drive....yesterday I bought
another to back it up...doing it at the moment and it says it will take
three and a half hours is this correct or is there a quicker way of
transferring ?

Unless you give us some ****ing DETAILS we'll just watch and larf at you.

Is this just a drag/drop copy? How much stuff are you copying? Are you using a
backup program to do this? What sort of ports are the two drives connected
to?

And so on.

You remind me of this geezer at CERN who used some software I wrote. He'd put
his head round the door and say "It doesn't work". My reaction was to adopt a
look of extreme concern and say "Oh DEAR! Your poor wife - have you been to
the Doctor about it?"

Wasn't Tim Berners-Lee was it ?.