Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default External hard drives...

On 06/11/2020 15:19, tim... wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 06/11/2020 12:22, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

I have all my stuff on a 1tb external drive....yesterday I bought
another to back it up...doing it at the moment and it says it will
take three and a half hours is this correct

might be

What quantity of data?

What kind of external drive? (spinning rust, or SSD)

As per a previous discussion on the subject (that I started), it seems
that 1tB SSDs devices are virtually unobtainable in the consumer space

1TB Thumb drives are typically not yet available, but proper external
2.5" drive caddies with 1TB SSDs is are fairly easy to get.

It is vanishingly unlikley that Mr Numpty has just bought a new one, let
alone already historically owned one

Well quite, but it only seems fair to ask, since the chances of him
actually volunteering any useful information are slim!

--
Cheers,

John.