Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default External hard drives...

On 06/11/2020 15:19, tim... wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 06/11/2020 12:22, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

I have all my stuff on a 1tb external drive....yesterday I bought
another to back it up...doing it at the moment and it says it will
take three and a half hours is this correct

might be

What quantity of data?

What kind of external drive? (spinning rust, or SSD)

As per a previous discussion on the subject (that I started), it seems
that 1tB SSDs devices are virtually unobtainable in the consumer space

Well no, they are fairly common now

It is vanishingly unlikley that Mr Numpty has just bought a new one, let
alone already historically owned one