Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default External hard drives...

"Clive Arthur" wrote in message
On 06/11/2020 12:22, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
I have all my stuff on a 1tb external drive....yesterday I bought another
to back it up...doing it at the moment and it says it will take three and
a half hours is this correct or is there a quicker way of transferring ?

The time is reasonable for two 1TB USB drives via a PC. However, when I
did just this recently, it stopped after 250GB when the supposed 1TB
destination disk was full, even though it reported as 1TB.

The lying cheating *******s did refund, after a little effort. I guess
that unless you're using it as I was to backup a nearly full disk, you
might not notice for a long time.

ha ha