Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Adjustable hole cutter

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 22:35:21 +0000, alan_m wrote:

On 05/11/2020 21:46, PeterC wrote:
Looked at these on SF and the reviews are not good - flimsy etc.

At work we had single-sided one that worked well but it was made 'in house'.

Any recommendations for a good one, please?

What size of hole range? What size/type material?

Router with DIY jig? - plenty of designs on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSf4eMgGHWo

Sorry, should have said. Wood mainly - haven't needed bigger than hole-saw
size in metal for decades.
The hole that I needed was 110mm dia, so 55mm throw. I stitch-drilled it
then used a pad saw as close to the periphery as I could get, then rasp then
file...! The amount of 'swarf' was amazing.
I had a TC core drill of 115mm that would have been OK but didn't think of
that. I don't know how it would have done on wood.

Don't have a router, though.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away