Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Two devices wired into a single BS1363 plug?

On Thu, 05 Nov 2020 13:59:15 +0000, Graeme wrote:

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes

Not convinced a two way adaptor is as safe - especially for something
that is normally left plugged in.

Agreed. Our local fire service bods really, really don't like two (or
more) way adaptors.

My university college (student rooms) had, for about 20 years, those 13
amp sockets with ceramic insulation around the holes for the pins. There
was a complete ban on 'block' adaptors from the start, due to possible
weight issues.