Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Glasses for close-up work?

On Thu, 05 Nov 2020 13:52:28 +0000, T i m wrote:

Do you find that the RW magnification is what you would expect from the
sum of your glasses and the visor lens? I didn't know if any additional
distance between your glasses and the visor lens might impact the
overall view?

Seems fine to me. I don't have full field of visioon anyway, but glasses
with metal rims and these rimless lenses on the visor work well. As for
actual magnification - as with Rolls Royce power, it's 'adequate'!

You might need more, but I normally use lens #2 or lens #3. rarely use
#4, and I could always combine two.

p.s. The components for the Hantek 6022 PC based oscilloscope 'upgrade /
hack' (adding a soft driven AC (decoupling) option) are arriving and
there is no way I could or would want to apply such without a 'very
good' view of it all, especially with resistors only 3mm long!

Not sure I wouldn't want the microscope for that.

(I have a standalone scope with full software control from the PC via
NISA)