Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Two devices wired into a single BS1363 plug?

On Thu, 05 Nov 2020 13:32:31 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

2 way adapters (those block things) are the spawn of the devil
regardless of legality. They wobble and are more of a risk than a
solution. The only one I have is to give me two 2 pin outlets for
shaving etc.

Yup - something sticking out of the wall that far is prone to damage -
especially in a cupboard, where things are likely stored.

I think it's like many things, a worn out socket with a worn out
multiway adaptor will wobble about but a good quality / new one in a
good quality / new socket is likely to be pretty stable.

Most of the sockets in daughters flat are 'worn out', possibly because
there aren't enough and so those that are get used a lot. Some feel
like even a std mains plug would fall out on it's own! (We have
replacement sockets in hand, process approved by the landlord).

Cheers, T i m