Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Two devices wired into a single BS1363 plug?

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 05:35:44 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

I'm sure I've got some 'Siamese' cables where you have one cord that
splits into two IEC sockets? Not quite the same situation but it
suggests things like that are done (by design)?

yep, we probbaly have around 100 of these.
https://www.rapidonline.com/truconne...ordset-23-6455

That's the badger. ;-)

We or rather I call them Y IEC cables.

As might I, if talking to anyone who knew what an IEC connector was.
;-)

Used to connect a scope and a PSU , or soldering iron and a helpings hand PSU (for the LED light)

Yup, PC and monitor ...

be difficult to have everything powered without them.

Quite ... and assuming they are legal I'm not sure from a
functionality POV fitting two cables into a plug top would be any less
so (and have done so myself as a preference to any alternatives).

The fuse still protects the cable(s), the equipment can still be
completely isolated from the mains and disconnected from the cord, and
as long as the cord grip retains both cords effectively and the wires
laid in neatly ... ?

Cheers, T i m