Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Glasses for close-up work?

On 5 Nov 2020 12:23:09 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

snip

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383746898885 £10

(Good find). ;-)

snip

The ones at CPC are much more expensive than I remember. I'm wondering is
they are mis-priced!

Well I've seen that model advertised elsewhere for similar and more so
maybe not.

FYI, I wear them with glasses. That's the advantage of them.

Thanks, yes, I could see how that would be, along with being able to
flip up the lens, but still have the light on the job, in contrast
with those where the whole visor flips up.

Do you find that the RW magnification is what you would expect from
the sum of your glasses and the visor lens? I didn't know if any
additional distance between your glasses and the visor lens might
impact the overall view?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. The components for the Hantek 6022 PC based oscilloscope 'upgrade
/ hack' (adding a soft driven AC (decoupling) option) are arriving and
there is no way I could or would want to apply such without a 'very
good' view of it all, especially with resistors only 3mm long!