Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Identification problem

On 05/11/2020 10:38, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 16:28:20 +0000, Andrew wrote:

From time to time i am requested identification paperwork. the

problem
is that most companies not want you to go paperless, so how can

you do
this?

It's better than it was as companies are realising that many people
are now "paperless". I do like the contradiction in:

"I'm paperless, can I email a .pdf as downloaded from xyx?."
"No."
"OK can I print out that downloaded .pdf, scan/photgraph it and email
that image?"
"Yes."

You can print a mini-statement in a bank branch ...

If you have a bank branch any where near you. Our nearest are twenty
plus miles away. Would that be an "essential" journey?

Yet again, it doesn't have to be "essential". The question is whether
it is "reasonably necessary". Whether that test is met depends on why
you need the ID now.

--
Robin