Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Identification problem

wrote:

Council Tax bill seems to be the most reliable paper bill still available, but it's only annual.

That's the one I keep as paper, despite enticements by the council to
"win" having your council tax paid if you go paperless, some places only
like bills under 3 months old though, but I've found that if I say
"that's the only paper one I have, take it or leave it", they take it,
and they also take expired passports as photo-id, that includes banks
and solicitors involved in buying property.