Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback[_7_] Broadback[_7_] is offline

Default Identification problem

On 05/11/2020 08:06, Tim+ wrote:
Max Demian wrote:
On 04/11/2020 20:38, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

Its an issue and precisely why I had to get a passport even though I have no
intention of going anywhere!
Scan in a passport or your driving licence?

Some companies require proof of address which requires a recent utility
bill or similar. Passports don't have addresses and driving licences can
be out of date by several years.

Which is Illegal and carries a £1000 penalty.

https://www.gov.uk/change-address-driving-licence

Tim

Lots of people are assuming that there is a scanner available, there is
not. and lockdown has closed out local libraries wheich makes it
difficult getting a document sacanned.