Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Two devices wired into a single BS1363 plug?

On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 11:49:39 -0800 (PST), Dr S Lartius
wrote:

A multi-occupier building has, in a communal service cupboard, a
single standard 13A surface-mounted switched socket into which is
plugged a normal-looking plug.

Entering that plug are two different leads connected to two
different items of low-power fixed communal equipment (it is
not easy to see what each of those actually does - or did.

How should that setup be described, on a scale running from
entirely satisfactory to absolutely illegal?

I'm sure I've got some 'Siamese' cables where you have one cord that
splits into two IEC sockets? Not quite the same situation but it
suggests things like that are done (by design)?

Cheers, T i m