Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Two devices wired into a single BS1363 plug?

Well what fuse is fitted in the plug. I guarantee that if you look in most
human fitted plugs you will see its got a 13 amp fuse.

In my view that is hardy safe.

To be a hand wired plug, then its either a very old installation, or
somebody cut the plugs off. Seems a little silly as a two socket extension
lead is cheap as chips and much less ambiguous.
Its one of those things we have all done. Idea I have a couple of socket
bars wired together using the connections in one to hold the cable to the
other, but I've been very careful with fuses and all of that.
I cannot see to do it now, but I've come across random coloured three core
thin wire never intended for mans used to wire up 8 watt lights in a
greenhouse, and that lasted over 20 years with no adverse effects.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Dr S Lartius" wrote in message
A multi-occupier building has, in a communal service cupboard, a
single standard 13A surface-mounted switched socket into which is
plugged a normal-looking plug.

Entering that plug are two different leads connected to two
different items of low-power fixed communal equipment (it is
not easy to see what each of those actually does - or did.

How should that setup be described, on a scale running from
entirely satisfactory to absolutely illegal?

--
(c) Dr. S. Lartius, UK. Gmail: dr.s.lartius@ |