Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Glasses for close-up work?

On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 18:08:34 -0000, "Mark" wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
I had about 4 pairs of those glasses that have little LED lights in

the arms (that I rarely used the light bit on) and were about x4
magnification

What do you use?

one of these as well as my glasses

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124083044098

Thanks for that Mark.

So, if I understand it right:

You have the fixed lens that's 1.9x

You can then flip down another 1.9x lens on the inside, giving you and
effective 3.8x.

You can then use the loupe that is 4.5x on one eye, making it 8.3x on
that eye.

You could also have just the fixed lens and loupe giving 6.4x on that
eye.

Given we generally have a 'lead eye', I'm guessing you could fit the
loupe to that side?

That solution has the advantage over the one with the detectable
lenses in that it looks like it gives a stronger overall magnification
and you can't mislay any lens, but on the other hand the light
wouldn't be pointing at the job if you flipped the thing up, if you
were relying on the light etc.

What sort of things do you use yours for OOI?

Cheers, T i m