Posted to uk.d-i-y
TimW TimW is offline

Default traditional ropes

On 04/11/2020 10:34, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 04 Nov 2020 02:02:50 -0800, jkn wrote:

For large quantities there is a tool called a 'pallet buster' - again,
easily searched for. You can buy these although welding one up yourself
would be in the right spirit...

FiL, whose father in turn was a decorator, had a handed down tool for
extracting nails from door frames (not quite sure why).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hultafors-A.../dp/B004ZFEO4E

Looks a bit like it.

A really handy bit of kit! I have one myself, but the annular ring nails
in pallets are really hard to withdraw even so, which is why I took to
cutting them.

My Dad had a nail tool of similar design but with a sliding weight to
'hammer'it in with. He had it for opening packing cases and said it was
essential kit when in the Forces moving from Married Quarter to Married
Quarter with all your belongings nailed up in tea chests each time.

TW