Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Glasses for close-up work?

On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 21:46:40 +0000, ss wrote:

snip

Various types available on ebay.

Yeah, I saw quite a few before posting but wasn't sure how suitable
they might be for my usage?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magnifier...kAAOSwz3Je-a3j

I can see x8 being useable for say close up soldering, and maybe the
greater mags for inspection or even finer work but not sure I could
walk about whilst looking through them so would have to take them off
and put the readers back on, assuming they don't go over the readers?

eg, Probably great for when you are sitting at a bench and rebuilding
a watch or doing some surface mount soldering work (so they would be
ok for me for that) but not when standing / moving in the workshop and
needing to quickly / regularly swap between general vision (the
readers) and seeing something in better detail (holes though a carb
jet or some fine turning on the lathe).

Cheap enough to get and try though so thanks. ;-)

Cheers, T i m