Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Glasses for close-up work?

On 03/11/2020 20:21, T i m wrote:
I had about 4 pairs of those glasses that have little LED lights in
the arms (that I rarely used the light bit on) and were about x4
magnification that I use when I want to do anything that requires a
bit of detailed work, like soldering or cleaning the jets on a carb
etc.

In true DIY style a relatively cheap x3 loupe with a piece of bent wire
threaded through to allow it to clip onto my glasses. Sacrificing
binocular vision for high magnification to inspect solder joints. Tow
drilled holes and a spot of epoxy completes the job.

For general use I use my reading glasses and long distance one stacked.
(much like the clock guy on the repair programme)

What do you use?

Cheers, T i m

For very close fine work I have a x10 loupe.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown