Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Safety standards for toys

On 02/11/2020 21:26, wrote:
It's the time of year when many of us start thinking about making toys
for kids and grandkids (and then panic in 4 weeks because there's been
no progress!) so I was just looking around for detailed safety spec
guidance and was surprised that a copy of EN71.1 is freely available
he
https://law.resource.org/pub/eu/toys/en.71.1.2014.html
If you're not familiar with ENs they can be slightly hard going but, in
this case, the general principles are given in Annex 2 of the "toys
Directive". The Directive is tough but the annex is fairly easy going:
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...9L0048&from=EN

Hope that's some use to someone other than me.

When I were a lad, toys were more Darwinistic.

--
Colin Bignell