Posted to uk.d-i-y
rick rick is offline

Default Gas Safe Engineer

On 02/11/2020 16:32, michael adams wrote:
"alan_m" wrote in message
On 02/11/2020 13:22, rick wrote:

Maybe this is a reverse SCAM .... people come and do work on your boiler, and don't
want paying for it.

You get a cold call from some anonymous person "claiming" to be from a service
organisation.

Who's cold calling ? The OP first contacted "YourRepair" via their website
which for all I know, depite all the impressive looking photos maybe, could
be being run from somebody's spare bedroom.

"YourRepair" contacted one of the Gas Safe engineers they promised
they could get work for, maybe at 25% commission, The gas engineer went
to the OP's house and announced they'd been requested by "YourRepair" to
come and do his annual service,

What are you suggesting ? That the Gas Safe engineer is tapping "YourRepair"'s
phone ?

What's interesting though, is that "YourRepair" don't seem to have remebered that
the OP had contacted them in the first place. They knew or at least thought
they knew, that no service had been carried out. But not that.

I have a valid contract with "Your Repair" so when I got a call form a
person who advises they are a GasSafe Engineer wanting to come and carry
out service on behalf of "Your Repair" I had no alarm bills ring.

When she turned up and showed her GasSafe photo ID card, explained how
she would work complying with Covid-19 and then carried out service as
per normal ..... I did not think there were any issues.
Especially when she entered all details in her laptop, and even went
through the entries with me.

"Your Repair" still insist they did not send her, so maybe random
Engineers carrying out free service calls is the new thing.

I have tried to track her down with GasSafe register, but they advise
they cannot tell me any 'female' engineer.