Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas Safe Engineer

In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 14:14:59 +1100, "Fred" wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
michael adams used his keyboard to write :
The Queen serviced Army Lorries during the war, reputedly.

I have seen that said, but I would guess that would be mostly a story for
the press and the public at the time.

It's a true story. Plenty of women did stuff like that.

"At the age of 19, Princess Elizabeth joined the Auxiliary Territorial
Service (ATS). After joining, she trained as a driver and mechanic
with the rank of Second Subaltern. Five months later she was promoted
to Junior Commander, which was the equivalent of Captain."

from https://tinyurl.com/yxvn8ke8

So 5 months to learn how to and service trucks? Before moving into
management?

--
*I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.