Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Safety standards for toys

On 02/11/2020 22:19, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 21:26:35 +0000, wrote:

It's the time of year when many of us start thinking about making toys
for kids and grandkids (and then panic in 4 weeks because there's been
no progress!) so I was just looking around for detailed safety spec
guidance and was surprised that a copy of EN71.1 is freely available
he
https://law.resource.org/pub/eu/toys/en.71.1.2014.html
If you're not familiar with ENs they can be slightly hard going but, in
this case, the general principles are given in Annex 2 of the "toys
Directive". The Directive is tough but the annex is fairly easy going:
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...9L0048&from=EN
Hope that's some use to someone other than me.

If you hold off giving the toys to the kids till the new year, we will
really be out of the EU and the toys could be as dangerous as you
like. ;-)

The testing and certification of your DIY toys would take years anyway!