Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Gas Safe Engineer

Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in message
michael adams used his keyboard to write :
The Queen serviced Army Lorries during the war, reputedly.

I have seen that said, but I would guess that would be mostly a story for the press and
the public at the time.

There were plenty of pictures of her in action further down the
page on the link I posted. With Margaret and the Queen Mum
( A Viz favourite) looking on. Of the two Elizabeth was always
the more serious minded. I had an uncle who served in the Coldstream
Guards at Windsor and that was at least what he said. That Margaret
would joke with the guardsmen but never Elizabeth. Who took her sense
of duty directly from her father, George VI.

https://mashable.com/2015/04/22/quee...y/?europe=true

michael adams

..