Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default RCD protected socket.

It should not buzz, normally.
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!

This document should only be read by those persons for whom Paranoia is
normal
and its contents are probably boring and confusing. If you receive this
e-Mail
message in error, do not notify the sender immediately, instead, print it
out and make
paper animals out of it. As the rest of this disclaimer is totally
incomprehensible, we have not bothered to attach it.
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 01 Nov 2020 11:27:49 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Have a two gang RCD protected metal clad socket in the conservatory
which has failed - RCD will no longer latch on.

I'll ask the stupid questions:

Won't latch on with nothing plugged in?

Correct.

Checked nothing untoward in the wiring?

I'd be most surprised if anything has changed there.

It has got power? Some RCDs won't latch without power and unlatch
when power is lost (maybe a fail safe feature of plugin units only
though).

It sometimes buzzes. Very unlikely both sides of the rings have failed -
while everything else on it works OK.

--
*Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

Dave Plowman