Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default OT Soundbars with multiple HDMI inputs and one output

On 31 Oct 2020 at 21:53:18 GMT, "Andy Burns" wrote:

Roger Hayter wrote:

I tried a Labgear HDS5 switch (and a second replacement)
and it wouldn't work properly with a Freesat box or a Samsung BluRay
player. I
also I note that you need HDCP 2.2 if you ever want to play commercial 4k
disks. Do you know if the Denon copes with this? I think a consequence of
HDCP 2.2 is that the sound can only be derived back from the TV, not tapped
off en route.

I spent most of an evening getting neighbours sky Q talking to sky
soundbar (single HDMI in, single HDMI out)

Only one tv port has HDCP so Q box will only send 4K content to that
one, only another tv port has ARC, chromecast ultra in another port (for
BT sport in 2K that apparently is only in SD on sky) audio from
chromecast into TV over HDMI, TV speakers on zero volume, out of TV on
S/PDIF into soundbar, select that with another remote ...

That's the good thing about standards ...

--
Roger Hayter