Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Wickes cordless drill.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Mark wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
I have an ancient 18v one of these - uses Ni-Cads. All the batteries for
that - including the one I had refurbished at vast cost - are pretty
well
dead. And the refurbished one never delivered the same power as the
originals. It is a useful drill in that it has an add on right angle
adaptor, so handy for the odd awkward space.

There's plenty room inside a battery case for 18v worth of 18650
Li-Ion,
and I do realise I'd need to mod the charger too.

Dedicated right angle cordless drills seem to be an arm and a leg -
unless
someone knows different?

Anyone done this sort of mod?

Ive just done that
Lidl were selling a 20volt Li-Ion battery and charger for £19
and i fitted it to an old but still useful Blue Bosch drill

Can you give details on how? That would be an ideal way.

I made the Lidl battery fit on to the top casing of the old Bosch battery
you can buy adaptors which is where i got the idea, for some makes but maybe
not for a wickes drill or Lidl battery

-