Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chade Chade is offline

Default Solid fuel stove

On Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 7:00:30 AM UTC-4, Martin Brown wrote:
On 29/10/2020 00:02, Chade wrote:

snip

Don't underestimate the volume of wood you will be burning if you are
relying on it entirely for heating. I get through about 3T a year. It is
cheaper than oil CH particularly when you have a source of free wood.

We are fortunate enough to have a source of free wood.

What I am trying to do at the moment is just sort out a normal
stove.

You basically need to tell us what you think is normal then. What power
and what sort of cosmetic appearance. I went for a single large window
and clean design lines which is more expensive but looks much nicer.

About 5 kw power and having a 'windowed' stove in another room I think we would want the same again.