Mr John X

Default Long Masonry Drill Bits

You can hire lomg drill bits
"enuff" wrote in message

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .

Nope, SDS is a totally different principal to a "hammer" drill. Google

the
group and you'll find 101 threads about SDS and how it works etc. All

can
say is a bought a semi-decent Bosch SDS drill a year ago and everyone

know
has borrowed it! It puts holes in stone, concrete etc like butter and

with
chisel attachments it has lifted light tarmac and put a hole through a

30"
wall, took a bit of time ;-)

There is no way I'd contemplate a hole more than a few inches deep in
stonework without SDS. Hire the kit for the first job, prob. cost

about
£30,
then buy if you think you have a use long term.

Ok, thanks for the advise!

I take it an SDS Plus drill bit is not going to fit into an SDS drill

such
as
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2370793470

Sparks...

SDS plus should fit this fine, its SDS MAX that is the "big boys" stuff.

But
quite frankly a £22 quick SDS drill? stick a "0" on that and its more like
it. I bought mine for about £180 in a deal at Jewsons, you can pay less or

lot more depending on what you want and how much use it will get.

For a a 1 metre deep hole you prob. need to look at SDS max so I'd ring
Hewdon or HSS first before buying anything. A SDS Max with a 1m core drill
could cost many, many hundreds to buy.