Edwin Pawlowski

Default Putting a Wood Stove in an Old Fireplace

"Rob Green" wrote in message
I live in an older home that has what I call a "cook" fireplace because
it once was used for cooking in the house before electricity and more
modern cast iron cooking stoves and ovens were invented (house is stone
and built about 1820). I have found that I don't use this fireplace as
often as I'd like, and it is somewhat drafty even with the wooden doors
to the fireplace closed.

You probably want to talk to a pro in the area. Codes may differ for one
thing. Construction, liner or unlined, etc. all come into play.
Ed