Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OTish]Temperature sensor thread sealant

In article ,
John J wrote:
On Thursday, 29 October 2020 at 14:37:23 UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
I have a brass temperature sensor about 14mm in diameter, no 'O' ring
or shoulder, just seals on the threads into an aluminium cylinder
head. What should I use to seal it? Nothing, ptfe tape, ordinary blue
loctite, plumbing thread sealing compound (a bit too permanent I
would think) or something else? Glad of any advice.

-- Roger Hayter

Does it actually NEED sealing - ie is it going to leak coolant or does it screw into a blind pocket? I'd simply put a smear of anti sieze or a corrosion inhibiting heat sink compound on the thread if there's no leakage likely

A CTS normally pokes into the coolant.

--
*If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.