Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tapping into existing plumbing

The only ones I've encountered on other peoples stuff tend to reduce the
flow in the main pipe and if a main supply drench the fitter during the
tightening up grin. Advice, do it on a warm summers day and put something
waterproof over anything damageable. Of course it could have been the
plumber at fault, not the tap...

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
On 2020-10-29, Andy Burns wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:

Struggling to find the keywords to guide me to buy online those plumbing
gadgets which clamp on the outside of, and pierce through, existing
pipework to attach a dishwasher feed or something similar.

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Self-Cutting-Washing-Machine-Tap/p/420510

How well do those work? Tqhey always struck me as risking a bad seal
or loose bits of pipe inside the pipe.