Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Tapping into existing plumbing

On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 00:00:05 -0700 (PDT), John J wrote:

On Thursday, 29 October 2020 at 14:15:14 UTC, Roland Perry wrote:
Struggling to find the keywords to guide me to buy online those plumbing
gadgets which clamp on the outside of, and pierce through, existing
pipework to attach a dishwasher feed or something similar.
--
Roland Perry

Forget it - turn the water off while you work and use a compression tee type washmac valve. Clean the pipe well before fitting.

Yes, use a proper T - I replaced the cutter type with a T compression and
the flow and range from the hose pipe increased dramatically.
Rather than a washing machine valve I used a full-bore ball valve and also a
check valve. The ball valve has a T-handle for ease of use.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away