Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solid fuel stove

On 28/10/2020 19:43, Tim+ wrote:
5kW is quite enough to heat up one room to stripping naked temperature
though.

My whole HOUSE was calculated to need at most 12 kW continuous.
The UFH is around 1.5Kw per 30 sq m room. Fully capable of keeping them
toasty.

The Aga is 650W continuous and keeps a 30 sq m kitchen more than warm
for all but the coldest winter nights.

My old 'Villager' wood burner is in a 30 sq m bedroom and does I think 7
or 8 kW. I do know that about an hour after lighting the otherwise
unheated room (although the Aga is underneath it) gets to over 20°C...My
biggest problem is trying to throttle it back...

Given reasonable insulation you don't need, at mos,t more than 100W/sq
meter for any room, and with good modern insulation 50W is more than enough.

The most pathetic wood burner easily exceeds that.

--
"First, find out who are the people you can not criticise. They are your
oppressors."