Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV and Hi-Fi

On 28/10/2020 17:32, Max Demian wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* PeterC wrote:
Just don't put the speakers close to the TV. I've a pair of good KEF but
wouldn't want them within a yard of the TV

Don't think that applies with a flat screen set. Only CRT types.

I used to have a big speaker right next to a CRT TV; it must have "got
used" to it being there, as removing it resulted in faint colour effects
on a plain white field.

colour TVS were degaussed ...on switch on. Probably after a few hundred
more that would have faded.

--
"The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow witted
man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest

- Leo Tolstoy