Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Missing screws for (no longer available) IKEA product

JoeJoe wrote:
On 29/10/2020 11:02, alan_m wrote:
On 29/10/2020 10:55, JoeJoe wrote:
Inherited an all metal clothes rail that came disassembled.

When trying to put it back together this morning I realised that 10
screws were missing (out of quite a few altogether). I managed to
canibalise 4 that were holding a hook to the structure that I can live
without, but am still left with 6 missing. They are short, very fine
thread, large head and screw straight into the structure itself.

I checked, and it is no longer available for sale.

Before I take it with me on my next trip to the tip, does anybody know
if there a way to find parts for discontinued IKEA products? It would
be a shame to bin as it is well made and must have cost quite a lot
when new.

A picture of one you have (next to a ruler) would help.
It is unlikely to be anything exotic.

Here goes:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FVBqPiZHy5egXyMv9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UgqVVi83rDkv31hP9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/f4F1GojST71rX9AV8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qApEtYAkpa4Rhx3f6

I dare say youll find something that fits here.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174182678254

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls