Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chade Chade is offline

Default Solid fuel stove

On Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 12:33:31 PM UTC-4, Martin Brown wrote:
On 28/10/2020 10:58, Tim+ wrote:
Theo wrote:
Tim+ wrote:
Yep, not sure what the OP is really after. Screw feed stoves are designed
for heating water, not to look pretty or to provide room heating. A
€śrocket€ť stove maybe with a chute to feed fuel in?

This sort of thing:
http://woodpelletstove.co.uk/

I stand corrected! Never knew such things existed.

They are more ornamental that functional though. 5.5kW max output.

The tie in to expensive compressed wood pellets puts me right off.

Unless your house is super insulated it is never going to power the
central heating system. It might perhaps warm one room adequately.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

At the risk of causing more confusion after my hamfisted editing...

We have a smallholding and a few years ago someone tried to sell us a central heating boiler system that could be powered by wood chippings. The idea being that scrubby woodland could be cleared, chipped and the chippings used to power a 'fed' boiler. We never tried to go forward with it but the salesman seemed to think that there was various grants and subsidies that would make it very cheap.

What I am trying to do at the moment is just sort out a normal stove.