Posted to uk.d-i-y
AJH[_3_] AJH[_3_] is offline

Default Solid fuel stove

On 28/10/2020 16:33, Martin Brown wrote:

They are more ornamental that functional though. 5.5kW max output.

No they are not, I still have one of the 10kW ones we first imported in
2000, and envirofire 3. powerful enough to quickly get a scout
hut/parish hall up to temperature.

We put 4 italian soapstone clad ones into an arts hub in a converted
warehouse in Euston, they worked well.

The tie in to expensive compressed wood pellets puts me right off.

YUP they were about £300/tonne last I bought any, a 5 fold rise, which
is why it sits doing nothing in my shed, also the circulation fan is a
bit noisy for domestic use. It does have a small hotplate though.

Unless your house is super insulated it is never going to power the
central heating system. It might perhaps warm one room adequately.

I used to snag or service a 25kW Kunzel in a block of 12 flats in
Brixton, it was adequate until some tenants turned the thermostat up
full and regulated the temperature by opening windows as the heat wasn't
metered (well it was but no one trusted the heat meters).