Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV and Hi-Fi

In article ,
Max Demian wrote:
In article ,
PeterC wrote:
Just don't put the speakers close to the TV. I've a pair of good KEF but
wouldn't want them within a yard of the TV

Don't think that applies with a flat screen set. Only CRT types.

I used to have a big speaker right next to a CRT TV; it must have "got
used" to it being there, as removing it resulted in faint colour effects
on a plain white field.

Many reasonably up to date speakers from the late CRT days had shielded
magnets.

Here's one for you to ponder. If stray magnetism affected a TV, what did
it do to other speakers in the same box? I'm surprised Russ Andrews
doesn't have a product to sort this.

--
*The statement below is true.

Dave Plowman London SW