Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Generator cover for running generator

On 28/10/2020 15:30, David wrote:
On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 10:10:48 +0000, T i m wrote:

I've always hankered after one of the Honda suitcase genny's but can't
justify it's cost for it's use (I have a Honda powered 3KVA 'open frame'
genny I've only used a couple of times).

Cheers, T i m

Just noting that mine is a 650W Honda 4 stroke.

Also noting that I probably need to check that it can run the freezer
including starting the compressor before I get too heavily into it.

Could end up looking at a 12V battery or two which act as a UPS through an
inverter, giving peak power when needed, and being charged by the genny
all the time (or as required).

Life is never easy.

I doubt if a 650W generator or anything other than a professional grade
hi surge current server rack UPS would be able to power a compressor
motor. The peak current surge to start is very high for a few cycles.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown